CALL TO ARTISTS
The Foster Gallery at Grand Boulevard Town Center
2020 Spring Rotations
CALL TO ARTISTS
The CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the 2020 Foster Gallery location in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center.
Grand Boulevard rotation: February 3 - April 26, 2020
Please study the criteria and submit application ONLINE prior to 11pm on Friday, January 24, 2020.
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY
The Foster Gallery is named for the late Susan Foster, a founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance. The Foster Gallery is an artist collective featuring regional artists and special exhibitions on a quarterly rotating basis. We host artist receptions and openings, workshops, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, especially those who are members of the CAA.
GALLERY LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Grand Boulevard Hours of Operation: Daily 12pm - 7pm
Grand Boulevard Location: 585 Grand Boulevard, Suite N102, Miramar Beach, FL 32550 (in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center)
HOW IT WORKS
Ten (10) to fifteen (15) artists will be selected for each rotation. Each artist must commit to one of the following two staffing options:
Option 1: Work a minimum of twelve (12) shifts throughout the 12 week rotation. Shifts are approximately 7 hours. Schedules will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration. Shifts may be traded among artists, but CAA management must be notified prior to shift changes.
Option 2: Do a staff buy-out of $800, which enables the CAA to cover the cost of staffing your shifts. The artist is not obligated to work any shifts. Option 2 is only available up front as a full buy-out and is per each gallery.
Artists must also be available to attend the rotation opening reception. Artists are encouraged to utilize the gallery for their own special events in order to promote their work. The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements. Any sales will include a 5% commission to the artist on duty. The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitationals at the CAA’s discretion.
Call to artists: December 10 - January 24, 2020
Artist notification: January 28, 2019
Mandatory installation & training: February 3
Rotation begins: February 3
Opening receptions: TBA
Rotation ends: April 30
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Artist must be a current member of the CAA
- Artist must attend mandatory installation and training on specified date.
- Artist must attend mandatory de-installation on specified date.
- Artist must be available & physically able to work a minimum number of shifts OR do a staff buy-out of $800 (for each gallery if accepted into both) to cover paid staff, which will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration.
- Artist must be available to help with gallery events & receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original work created by the applying artist. All exhibited work must be for sale. Prints and giclees are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography) but may be for sale in bins within your exhibit space.
- Artist must have a minimum of six pieces on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation and must adhere to any rule regarding maximum number of pieces if gallery space is limited.
- Artist must agree to a 60% artist / 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Artist must be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Artist must provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions & Weight upon installation.
- Artist must pay a 10% referral fee to the CAA for any commissions that are generated because of the artist’s participation in the gallery.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application ONLINE before 11pm CST on Friday, January 24, 2020. You will need to set up an account with Submittable if you do not already have one. You only have to set up your account one time, but you will need to submit to artist calls individually.