CALL TO ARTISTS
The Foster Gallery at Grand Boulevard Town Center 2021 Summer Rotation
CALL TO ARTISTS
The CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the 2021/2022 Fall/Winter Rotation at the Foster Gallery in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center scheduled to run October 18, 2021 - February 6, 2022.
Please study the criteria and submit application ONLINE prior to 11 pm on September 24, 2021. Length of rotation is 16 weeks.
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY
The Foster Gallery is named for the late Susan Foster, a founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance. The Foster Gallery is an artist collective featuring regional artists and special exhibitions on a quarterly rotating basis. We host artist receptions and openings, workshops, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, especially those who are members of the CAA.
NEW GALLERY LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Grand Boulevard Hours of Operation: Daily 12pm - 7pm
Grand Boulevard Location: 495 Grand Boulevard, Suite J-104, Miramar Beach, FL 32550 (in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center)
HOW IT WORKS
Ten (10) to fifteen (15) artists will be selected for each rotation. Each artist must commit to one of the following two staffing options:
Option 1: Work a minimum of twelve (12) shifts throughout the 16 week rotation depending on the number of artists selected,. Shifts are approximately 7 hours. Schedules will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration. Shifts may be traded among artists, but CAA management must be notified prior to shift changes.
Option 2: Do a staff buy-out of $800, which enables the CAA to cover the cost of staffing your shifts. The artist is not obligated to work any shifts. Option 2 is only available up front as a full buy-out and is per each gallery.
Artists must also be available to attend the rotation opening reception. Artists are encouraged to utilize the gallery for their own special events in order to promote their work. The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements. Any sales will include a 5% commission to the artist on duty. The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitationals at the CAA’s discretion.
Call to artists: September 10 - 24, 2021
Artist notification: September 30, 2021
Mandatory installation & training: October 17, 2021
Rotation begins: October 18, 2021
Opening reception: October 20, 2021
Rotation ends: February 6, 2022
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Artist must be a current member of the CAA.
- Artist must attend mandatory installation and training on specified date.
- Artist must attend mandatory de-installation on specified date.
- Artist must be available & physically able to work a minimum number of shifts OR do a staff buy-out of $800 to cover paid staff, which will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration.
- Artist must be available to help with gallery events & receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original work created by the applying artist. All exhibited work must be for sale. Prints and giclees are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography) but may be for sale in bins within your exhibit space.
- Artist must have a minimum of six pieces on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation and must adhere to any rule regarding maximum number of pieces if gallery space is limited.
- Artist must agree to a 60% artist / 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Artist must be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Artist must provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions & Weight upon installation.
- Artist must pay a 10% referral fee to the CAA for any commissions that are generated because of the artist’s participation in the gallery.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application ONLINE before 11pm CST on Friday, September 24, 2021. You will need to set up an account with Submittable if you do not already have one. You only have to set up your account one time, but you will need to submit to artist calls individually.
ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival will be held in Miramar Beach, FL in Grand Boulevard's Town Center October 9 -10, 2021. The hours of the festival are 10am-7pm on Saturday and 10am-5pm on Sunday. Vendors must be loaded into their space and ready for service at least 30 minutes before the festival is open and must remain open for business the entirety of festival hours each day. The festival is closed to vehicle traffic and so any food truck must stay in place throughout the festival once it is loaded-in.
The fee to participate starts at $350 depending on size of space and payment will be required by September 30, 2021.
As a current member of the Cultural Arts Alliance, you are invited to present up to three pieces of your artwork, for sale or display in the Betty & Johnny Main CAA Member Art Tent during the 33rd Annual ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival alongside over 120 juried artists. The Festival runs Saturday, October 9 from 10:00am to 7:00PM through Sunday, October 10 from 10:00am to 5:00pm and is being held in Grand Boulevard Town Center, Miramar Beach, FL 32550.
If you are interested, and your work is of a caliber to show in a Fine Arts Festival, please read our requirement guidelines below carefully. There will be a CAA Member’s “Best in Show” winner who will receive a $100 award. The CAA will accept original art in any medium, including paintings, photography, glass art, wood, baskets, fiber, fabric art, metal art, and pottery.
1. In order to exhibit, you must be a current CAA Member.
2. To be an exhibiting member artist, you are required to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours during the show and be willing to wear a mask, if requested. Volunteers are not guaranteed to be stationed at the Member Tent and could be assigned to help out in other capacities of ArtsQuest.
Accepted CAA Member Artists who wish to exhibit, but are unable to accommodate our mask requirements may do so by paying a $60 fee. This will allow the CAA to hire needed festival staff in your absence.
3. No prints or Giclée prints of Paintings or Watercolors. Photography printed on Gallery Wrap Canvas with 1.5 inch sides is acceptable Plus printed, matted and framed photography. One of a kind original.
4. Limit is 3 pieces per artist, with a maximum size of 30” X 40”, which includes the frame. This includes Photography. More art may be accepted if space permits. For ART in the Five Pieces Category: acceptable if small, handmade pieces of Marble, Glass Art, Wood, Baskets, Metal Art, Fiber, Fabric Art and Pottery; these will be displayed on a table or stands.
5. Artwork is to be delivered to the Member Tent in Grand Boulevard at Sandestin FRIDAY, October 8th, between Noon and 3:00pm. All pieces to be hung MUST arrive ready for hanging with appropriate frame, hardware and wire attached. ”D” Rings preferred.
Saw-teeth hooks not permitted. Do not bring ”S” hooks, no longer needed.
6. IDENTIFICATION is required on each piece. We suggest a business card or index card be attached to the right back and front bottom right, including Name of Artist, Title, Medium, Size and Firm Price, including sales tax. Artist is responsible for reporting their sales tax (7%).
7. NOTE: CAA is not responsible for selling items that are not clearly priced.
8. This show is limited to “fine art” categories only. Crafts and food items will not be accepted.
9. Artists are responsible for monitoring weather and picking up their art in case of inclement weather.
10. All artwork must be picked up Sunday, October 10 between 5 and 6 pm.
Your application must be submitted by Sept. 28, 2021, FIRM. The first 40 applications, by the order in which they were received, will be accepted.
CAA is pleased to offer our members this wonderful opportunity to display and sell their work as a membership benefit. We look forward to receiving your application!
The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County is seeking individuals/private homeowners who would like to be a part of the 30A Songwriters Festival Artist Host Program.
Please complete one application in its entirety per property, and we will be in contact to let you know if your property has been approved.
Artist hosts will be acknowledged in the Festival's printed program and will receive 2022 30A Songwriters Festival weekend passes in exchange for the donation of housing. The number of tickets received by host is directly related to the size of the donated property.
This program is for homes, apartments, condos, or carriage houses owned by individuals only. Interested businesses or rental agencies may contact Kaela Hargis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County produces the Valentine Tour of Homes each year as a fundraising effort for its Art for All funding program. The 2022 event is scheduled for Saturday, February 12, 10am-4pm and Sunday, February 13, 12pm-4pm.
The Tour usually includes 5-7 properties that represent diverse architectural styles, beautiful interior design, historic significance, and fine art collections. This year we have decided to prominently feature outdoor living spaces to include gardens, pools and outdoor recreation spaces and gorgeous landscaping.
Private homeowners may submit their property for consideration via the form below with no participation fee. Properties that are on the market and submitted by a real estate company will be asked to make a $500 donation to participate and be listed as a sponsor.
Applications are open for submission on September 17, 2021. The deadline to apply is December 10, 2021. Invitations to accepted locations will go out no later than December 30, 2021 and confirmation from homeowner or agent and receipt of donation (for spaces on the market) must be received by Monday, January 3, 2022. Any cancellations received after January 17, 2022 will forfeit their fee unless an acceptable replacement is agreed upon.
Scholarships are available to outgoing high school seniors, current college students of Walton County, or past graduates of Walton County public, private and home schools who have declared or intend to declare a major in the visual, literary or performing arts at the undergraduate level. There is no deadline to apply, and applications will be reviewed by committee quarterly. The Susan Foster Scholarship, Karen Kolenberg Scholarship and Sheila Goode Scholarship are available.
ANNUAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA:
- Application must be completed in full and received by published deadline.
- Applicant must be a resident of Walton County at the time of application.
- Applicant must have declared or intend to declare a major in the arts.
- Awards will not exceed $2,000 per year per applicant.
- Funds will be distributed directly to the award winner’s college or university.
- Applicants may apply once per calendar year even if an award has been received previously.
If you have any questions about this application, please contact Jennifer Steele at Jennifer@culturalartsalliance.com.