The Cultural Arts Alliance (CAA) of Walton County is calling all artists who are current members of the CAA to submit a maximum of two pieces to be considered for the annual CAA Member Juried Exhibition. The pieces will be juried and selected for inclusion in the show which will be exhibited and for sale at The Foster Gallery from July 12 - September 9. This call is open to CAA members only. If not a current member, click button below to join.
Cash awards will be given for Best In Show ($500), Awards of Merit ($250), Peoples' Choice ($100) and Honorable Mention ($75).
2D & 3D works are welcomed and encouraged and may include anything from paintings, photography, works on paper, sculpture, ceramics, woodwork & metal works. The submitted piece(s) must be original and have been created within the last 3 years and may utilize a variety of mediums. 2D work must be dry and ready to hang with wire attached for hanging.
CRITERIA: If submissions do not meet the following criteria, they will not be accepted and considered for the show.
- A non-refundable jury fee of $20 is required and allows a maximum of 2 entries per artist to be considered for the show.
- All exhibited work must be original within the last 3 years. No print reproductions accepted (except photography).
- Artwork must be appropriate to the general public and family-friendly.
- 2D & 3D Paintings: Dimensions (Height + Width) may not exceed 50" including frames.
- Unframed gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable only if it is at least 1.5 inches deep, the sides are completely painted, and no staples are visible.
- Paintings must be properly mounted with D Rings and wired. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS.
- 3D Sculptures, Ceramics, Woodworks and Metal works must fit an 18” x 18” pedestal, or if free standing not take up more than 4 sq. ft. Artists may supply their own pedestal if necessary.
- Selling your piece is not mandatory however if the piece is for sale, the artist agrees to a 60% Artist / 40% CAA split. Artwork must remain intact for the duration of the show.
Call to artists: June 8 - June 28, 2021
Artist notification: July 1, 2021
Art delivery to Foster Gallery: July 12, 2021, 10:00am - 12:00pm
Show opens: July 13, 2021
Opening reception: Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Show ends: September 9, 2021
Mandatory Art pick-up: September 10, 2021, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Submissions will be accepted ONLY THROUGH SUBMITTABLE.
CALL TO ARTISTS
The Foster Gallery at Grand Boulevard Town Center 2021 Summer Rotation
CALL TO ARTISTS
The CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the 2021 Summer Rotation at the Foster Gallery in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center scheduled to run June 28 - October 17, 2021.
Please study the criteria and submit application ONLINE prior to 11 pm on June 13, 2021. Length of rotation is 16 weeks.
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY
The Foster Gallery is named for the late Susan Foster, a founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance. The Foster Gallery is an artist collective featuring regional artists and special exhibitions on a quarterly rotating basis. We host artist receptions and openings, workshops, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, especially those who are members of the CAA.
NEW GALLERY LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Grand Boulevard Hours of Operation: Daily 12pm - 7pm
Grand Boulevard Location: 495 Grand Boulevard, Suite J-104, Miramar Beach, FL 32550 (in Grand Boulevard’s Town Center)
HOW IT WORKS
Ten (10) to fifteen (15) artists will be selected for each rotation. Each artist must commit to one of the following two staffing options:
Option 1: Work a minimum of twelve (12) shifts throughout the 16 week rotation depending on the number of artists selected,. Shifts are approximately 7 hours. Schedules will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration. Shifts may be traded among artists, but CAA management must be notified prior to shift changes.
Option 2: Do a staff buy-out of $800, which enables the CAA to cover the cost of staffing your shifts. The artist is not obligated to work any shifts. Option 2 is only available up front as a full buy-out and is per each gallery.
Artists must also be available to attend the rotation opening reception. Artists are encouraged to utilize the gallery for their own special events in order to promote their work. The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements. Any sales will include a 5% commission to the artist on duty. The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitationals at the CAA’s discretion.
Call to artists: May 27 - June 13, 2021
Artist notification: June 18, 2021
Mandatory installation & training: June 27, 2021
Rotation begins: June 28, 2021
Opening receptions: July 14, 2021
Rotation ends: October 17, 2021
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Artist must be a current member of the CAA.
- Artist must attend mandatory installation and training on specified date.
- Artist must attend mandatory de-installation on specified date.
- Artist must be available & physically able to work a minimum number of shifts OR do a staff buy-out of $800 (for each gallery if accepted into both) to cover paid staff, which will be coordinated by CAA Executive Director and Director of Administration.
- Artist must be available to help with gallery events & receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original work created by the applying artist. All exhibited work must be for sale. Prints and giclees are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography) but may be for sale in bins within your exhibit space.
- Artist must have a minimum of six pieces on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation and must adhere to any rule regarding maximum number of pieces if gallery space is limited.
- Artist must agree to a 60% artist / 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Artist must be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Artist must provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions & Weight upon installation.
- Artist must pay a 10% referral fee to the CAA for any commissions that are generated because of the artist’s participation in the gallery.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application ONLINE before 11pm CST on Sunday, June 13 2021. You will need to set up an account with Submittable if you do not already have one. You only have to set up your account one time, but you will need to submit to artist calls individually.