CALL TO ARTISTS
The Foster Gallery at the Miramar Beach Creative Campus, 13370 Highway 98W, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
CALL TO ARTISTS
The CAA is calling all artists who are current members of the Cultural Arts Alliance to submit an application to be considered for the 2022-2023 Fall/Winter Rotation at the Foster Gallery at the Miramar Beach Creative Campus, 13370 Highway 98W, Miramar Beach, FL 32550, November 1, 2022 through February 10, 2023.
Please study the criteria and submit application ONLINE prior to 11 pm on Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
ABOUT THE FOSTER GALLERY
The Foster Gallery is named for the late Susan Foster, a founder of the Cultural Arts Alliance. The Foster Gallery is part of the Miramar Beach Creative Campus featuring regional artist rotations on a quarterly basis as well as special exhibitions. The Foster Gallery at the Miramar Beach Creative Campus will also host artist receptions and openings, workshops in J. Leon Studio, events, and serve as a community gathering point symbolizing the support the CAA strives to give artists in our community, including those who are members of the CAA.
GALLERY LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Miramar Beach Creative Campus Hours of Operation: Daily 12pm - 5pm
13370 Highway 98W, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
HOW IT WORKS
Twenty (20) to twenty-five (25) artists will be selected for each rotation.
Artists are not required to work at the gallery, however, they must be a current member of the CAA (members do not have to be local). Exhibiting artists will be asked to participate in additional paid and volunteer opportunities, including teaching a workshop, live demonstrations at events, participating in artist talks, and other opportunities at the Miramar Beach Creative Campus.
Artists are encouraged to attend their rotation opening reception and the First Friday Foster Gallery Fêtes.
The sales split is 60% artist and 40% CAA. The CAA is responsible for all overhead, including rent, utilities, commissions, marketing, event costs, and insurance of the gallery and its contents. All sales will be processed through the CAA, and artists will receive bi-weekly settlements.
The gallery features ongoing special exhibitions throughout the year and may also host invitationals at the CAA’s discretion.
Call to artists: September 26, 2022 - October 11, 2023
Artist notification: October 18, 2022
Art Drop-off Date: October 27, 2022 at noon
Rotation begins: October 28, 2022
Rotation ends: February 4, 2023, 6:00pm
Art pick-up: February 4 & 5, 2023
Accepted artists MUST meet the following criteria:
- Artist must be a current member of the CAA. Membership is open to all artists regardless of their location. Visit CulturalArtsAlliance.com/join to submit your information.
- Artist must drop off artwork on designated date.
- Artist must pick up art on specified date at end of rotation.
- Artist must be available to attend gallery events & receptions (as needed).
- All exhibited work must be original work created by the applying artist. All exhibited work must be for sale. Prints and giclées are not allowed on the exhibit walls (except photography).
- Artist must have a specified number of pieces (to be determined prior to the rotation start date) on exhibit at any given time throughout rotation.
- Artist must agree to a 60% artist / 40% CAA split of each sale.
- Artist must be able to provide a replacement piece within 48 hours after the sale of an exhibited piece.
- Artist must provide an inventory of art pieces in a digital file that lists Price, Title, Medium, Dimensions & Weight and if the piece is framed or not upon delivery of artwork.
- Artist must pay a 10% referral fee to the CAA for any commissions that are generated because of the artist’s participation in the gallery.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application ONLINE before 11pm CST on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. You will need to set up an account with Submittable if you do not already have one. You only have to set up your account one time, but you will need to submit to artist calls individually.
The Cultural Arts Alliance (CAA) of Walton County is calling all artists who are current members of the CAA to submit a maximum of two pieces to be considered for the annual CAA Member Juried Exhibition. The pieces will be juried and up to one (1) piece of work per artist will be selected for inclusion in the show, which will be exhibited and for sale at The Foster Gallery in the CAA's Miramar Beach Creative Campus from November 15, 2022 - February 24, 2023. This call is open to CAA members only. If not a current member, click here to join.
Cash awards will be given for Best In Show ($500), Awards of Merit ($250), Peoples' Choice ($100) and Honorable Mention ($75).
2D & 3D works are welcomed and encouraged and may include but is not limited to Oils, Acrylics, Watercolor and other Works on Paper, Mixed Media, Photography, Sculpture, Jewelry, Ceramics, Glass, Wood & Metal. The submitted piece(s) must be original and have been created within the last 3 years.. 2D work must be dry and ready to hang with pre-attached wire.
CRITERIA: If submissions do not meet the following criteria, they will not be accepted and considered for the show.
- A non-refundable jury fee of $20 is required and allows a maximum of 2 entries per artist to be considered for the show. Only one piece per artist will be selected.
- All exhibited work must be original within the last 3 years. No print reproductions accepted (except photography).
- Artwork must be appropriate for viewing by the general public and family-friendly.
- 2D & 3D Paintings: Dimensions (Height + Width) may not exceed 70" including frames.
- Unframed gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable only if it is at least 1.5 inches deep, the sides are completely painted, and no staples are visible.
- Paintings must be properly mounted with D Rings and wired. No sawtooth hangers will be allowed.
- 3D Sculptures, Ceramics, Wood and Metal works must fit an 18” x 18” pedestal, or if free standing not take up more than 4 sq. ft. Artists may supply their own pedestal if necessary.
- Selling your piece is not mandatory however if the piece is for sale, the artist agrees to a 60% Artist / 40% CAA split. Artwork must remain intact for the duration of the show.
Call to artists: September 30 2022 - October 25, 2022
Artist notification: November 1, 2022
Art delivery to Foster Gallery: November 12, 2022
Show opens: November 15, 2022
Show ends: February 24, 2023
Mandatory Art pick-up: February 24, 2023
Submissions will be accepted ONLY THROUGH SUBMITTABLE.
The 2022 Flutterby Arts Festival celebrates its 30th year of honoring the migration of the Monarch Butterfly through our area with a full day of fun and creativity for the whole family. This year the Flutterby Festival includes a curated artist market, kids' art activities, live music, theatre and dance performances, lawn games, a student butterfly art exhibit, and a butterfly parade! The event, which draws around 1,000 people throughout the day, is scheduled for 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Sunday, November 13th, 2022 at The Pavilion at Watersound® Town Center.
Artists are invited to apply to exhibit and sell their original art work this year at the Flutterby Festival, and a limited number of exhibitors will be selected. The early bird deadline to submit an application* with discounted booth fee is October 5th, and the final deadline is Friday, October 28th. All submissions will be juried and invitations to participate will be sent out November 1st. Artists will have until Friday, November 4th to accept the invitation to exhibit and pay your booth fee.
Exhibitors will be given a 10 X 10 space** located in a park-like setting on pine straw in the heart of the festival next to the Pavilion and the newly opened Ambrosia Restaurant. Load-in will be at 3 p.m. on November 12th and the early morning of November 13th, 2022.
APPLICATION DEADLINES & BOOTH FEES
Early bird deadline: 11:59 p.m. CST on October 5, 2022
Final deadline: 11:59 p.m. CST on October 28, 2022
Early bird booth fee before October 5 deadline: $125 | $100 CAA Members
Regular booth fee, October 6 - 28: $150
*Artists and vendors will need to submit 1-2 example images of their exhibitor booth and 3 images of artwork in the form below.
**10x10 tent rentals are available for an additional cost of $200. Tent rentals include a 6ft banquet table and two fold-out chairs. Artists are welcome to bring their own tent and exhibit equipment.
The Flutterby Festival, produced by the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County, celebrates its 30th year of the migration of the Monarch butterfly through our area with art activities, live music, theatre and dance performances, art exhibits, a butterfly parade and more!
Join us for this free, family-fun event on Sunday, November 13th from 10 AM - 4 PM at the beautiful Watersound Town Center Pavilion.
We will be accepting a limited number of Food Trucks at this event and they must have a license to operate in Walton County. We expect 1000 attendees throughout the day.
If you would like to participate, please fill out the application below by October 7th. Invitations to participate will be sent out by Oct 14th. $150 fee will be due by Nov 9th. Proceeds benefit the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County’s ‘Art For All’ Program. Details can be found at CulturalArtsAlliance.com.
The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County's teacher grant program provides semi-annual funding for arts projects and programs in the classroom.
The purpose of the grant program is to enhance the visual, literary, and performing arts experiences of all Walton County school children (Pre K - 12th grade) in public, private 501(c)3 not-for-profit schools, and home school groups.
Approved applicants can receive a maximum award of $1,000 up to two times per year.
Grant application deadlines are November 15th for a January - May grant period and May 15th for a September - December grant period.
Grantees must provide a summary report prior to applying for subsequent grants. Summary report forms are available here.
The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County seeks emerging and established visual artists for its Public Artist Directory.
Selected applicants are eligible for inclusion on the CAA's Art in Public Spaces web page. This database will be shared for participation in various Walton County projects, and artists may be contracted to design, fabricate, and install public art. Artwork sites may include properties such as local businesses, libraries, recreation centers, parks, sidewalks, and more.
Artists will be selected for the database based on history of past work, community engagement, and ability to collaborate with the CAA employees and project liaisons. A selection panel will convene to screen all eligible applications.
For questions, contact Courtney Malone at email@example.com
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume or C/V
- Artist Bio
- Minimum Three (3) Examples of Previous Projects
- Work Description: image, title, media, date, dimensions, location (if site-specific), materials, project budget, commissioning entity
- Three (3) References
The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County is seeking individuals/private homeowners who would like to be a part of the 30A Songwriters Festival Artist Host Program.
Please complete one application in its entirety per property, and we will be in contact to let you know if your property has been approved.
Artist hosts will be acknowledged in the Festival's printed program and will receive 2023 30A Songwriters Festival weekend passes in exchange for the donation of housing. The number of tickets received by host is directly related to the size of the donated property.
This program is for homes, apartments, condos, or carriage houses owned by individuals only. Interested businesses or rental agencies may contact Kaela Hargis at firstname.lastname@example.org.